quote of however-long-I-feel-like:

Suppose we have only dreamed, or made up, all those things - trees and grass and sun and moon and stars.

Suppose we have.

Then all I can say is that, in any case, the made - up things seem a good deal more important than the real ones.

-Puddleglum, The Silver Chair

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Halloween. and. Preference.


Okay, so these are some of my fellow coworkers. The one on my left is Dan. And the wolf is Amber. I don't know who the hippie is. 
So basically after work, me, kelly, dan, rachel, meg, and davey hung out around town. We went to sonic, started a movie called 28 Weeks later (edited). It was definitely scary enough. 2 minutes into it, and i had enough. So we switched to Shaun of the Dead (also edited). Which was hilarious. I loved the references to Night of the living dead. Anyway, so after the movies, we went looking for a place to eat that wasn't full of scary looking college kids. We ended up at SconeCutter (every thing's better on a scone). And then we stayed out until 4 am. I was still sick... so that probably didn't help. And then Saturday, the international cinema was playing this horror film called el orfenato (The Orphanage). It was amazing. Like, my favorite Halloweeny movie now. 


So, on Monday I randomly found a pack of glow-in-the-dark stars at the bookstore. And I bought them. And a couple of packs of starbursts. And decided to ask Nick to preference. So during work on Wednesday, I snuck out of work during visiting hours, and into his room. And left this:

 Which says: 

starlight, star bright
first starburst i see tonight
wish i may, wish i might
be your date on preference night

And then I scattered the other starburst around his room randomly.











And of course put the stars everywhere as well.







Unfortunately, the stars only look cool when they're glowing.











And he responded today with this stuck in a piano bench:

 


The starbursts were inside the candy wrapper, and it was taped shut. I was so excited to get chocolate... What a let down. :)

 











And this is what the note said:

  






I feel like such a little zoobie. 

Anyway, we'll be going to a jumbo twister party on Saturday. Mostly because it's the only one that didn't require a car. I'm excited.


7 shout outs:

Debbi said...

This boy is just as clever as you are maybe you and he will be the next 2 1/2 weeks on your floor - LOL - JK you better not be your dad would have a stroke!

Jules said...

How fun Tiff! Welcome to the world of dating the Utah way. :)

BTW you looked AWESOME as Batman/Batgirl!!!

The Martone Memories said...

I'm so proud of you. I never had enough guts to ask a guy out. And the creative way you did it was awesome. Hope you have a blast.

Sam, The Nanti-SARRMM said...

Great costume, enjoy Jumber Twister tomorrow.

Jen said...

HOW FUN! You did a great job! Your gonna have a blast! Can't wait to here all about it Batman er. . . Batgirl :)

Mansell Six said...

I love how you asked him out and he answered you back!! Take lots of pictures!! I want to see the lucky kid that gets to go out with you!!

Supercool Hotmama said...

So...Where's the pic of Nick? I hope you can casually sneak some on the date. B's school always does the cutesy ask out thing. Once we chopped his poem into shreds (on colored paper) then tossed the shreds into a box of white paper that had been through an office shredder. Heeheehee!

We made snowflakes another time and had cutesy things on them like - "I'd feel like a flake if you turned me down." "Don't give me the cold shoulder." "It would be chill if you'd go to Winter formal with me." etc.

Then next year we cut his answer into the snowflake designs - very sneaky.

Once to Cheap Dance he left a box of generic Corn Flakes at her door with a note that said, "It may sound corny, and I know I'm a flake for asking so late, but will you go to Cheap with me?" She answered with a box of Lucky Charms and said, "I'd be a lucky girl to go to the dance with such a charming guy."

I've got a million more. Well, at least a dozen.

Way cute costume!