Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Sunday, March 28, 2010
I found that list of goals I made over the summer!
it's funny to see how my views change.
- read patriarchal blessing once a month
- buy books from the library
- finish season 4 of x-files
- review my hebrew vocabulary
- sort though clothes & get rid of old junk
- go to bed before 11 pm
- wake up before 8 am
- volunteer once a week
- attend the temple once a week
- finish my homework the day it's assigned
- apply to byu jerusalem center
- go to salt lake once a month
- study spanish an hour every day
- read el libro de mormon
- weekend bagel runs
- do all of my visiting teaching
- go to general conference
- help alexia
- ride my bike more
- go jogging
- keep up my blog
- travel once a year
- study five languages
- take kids to the library every weekend
- sunday picnics
- family home evening
- express love and gratitude daily
- have a family book club
- take daily pictures
- learn how to fix a car
- learn a musical instrument (i'd even settle for the harmonica)
- regular family temple trips
- talk things out
- adopt a child
- family council
- sundays are holy
- take art classes
- have a library
- index my books and keep a record of when i last read each book
- live in a foreign country for a year
- be a missionary
- meet all of the living apostles
- open a shop
- keep my tumbling skills
- go raw for a month
- cut off technology for a month
- swim great barrier reef
- create my own charity
- run a marathon
- raise kids to be bilingual
- build an igloo
- ride a camel
- see aurora borealis
- go skinny dipping
- get some henna
- own a motorcycle
- attend a temple dedication
- see nessie
Posted by TexasRanger at Sunday, March 28, 2010
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Lurve, Love, Amor, Al-Hubb, Ahav, and any other way you want to say it.
I am so in love with Zooey Deschanel. She & Him Volume Two = obsession.
A review: "Though Ward is a master instrumentalist, Deschanel's vocal affects and childlike rhymes sometimes veer into twee overload; she can seem too in love with her own adorability."
Who cares? I'm in love with her adorability.
If you can't sleep:If the world is cold, but the sun shines the same
Shut your eyes, there are bluer skies
For you're embraced in my heart
Thieves:I'm not a prophet, old love is in me.
New love just seeps right in
And it makes me guilty
Why do you look like this?
Not all that bad.
I'll see you sometime
Sometimes lonely isn't sad.
Don't Look Back:Orpheus melted the heart of Persephone
But I never had yours.
Ridin' In My Car:And I can't find no true love
Oh baby, it's so hard
And I still think about you
Every time I'm riding in my car
Lingering Still:I like to mean what I say
But it doesn't always come through
Cause if I say it all again again again again it doesn't make it more true.
And the world's like a science
And I'm like a secret.
And I saw you lingering still
I saw you lingering still.
- More to come!
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
I just watched Penelope, and it was love.
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Friday, March 12, 2010
okay guys. how do i get rid of these weird dreams? they're fun, but throwing off my sleep schedule. yesterday i had a nap nightmare of this woman with a beautiful victorian home. it had my dream library. i was sold. she showed me her favorite book. it was a fairytale with the most amazing pictures. however, one of the gremlins in the book came to life and started pulling me into the book. i slipped from his grasp and started running. i got to the end of the street, but his super extending arms grabbed me and pulled me in. i tried holding on grass, cement, anything and everything around me. but it was no use.
and last night was just odd. horses do not belong at the dinner table.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
In twenty days, I will no longer be a teenager. Weird. How's that list coming? My twenty before twenty in twenty (cool!). Let's check!
Here's the original list. In bold is my progress.
1. keep up a 365 project. - this one's actually going strong. whoo!
2. run a 5k. - eh... i can walk a 5k. but my lungs aren't letting my exercise regimin continue as planned.
3. go to a concert. - if i were in texas, i would be able to be inducted to the concert world by the queen, zooey, herself. but i'm not.
4. go raw for at least a month. - i think i'll be able to do it. i'm actually starting in april after my percy jackson blue food birthday.
5. make a skirt. - i've got the fabric. be excited guys.
6. create a painting/drawing that i'm proud enough of to frame. - not happening.
7. become proficient enough in a language for natives to understand me. - spanish is progressing. so is arabic, but it's just so disheartening.
8. get another stamp in my passport. - definitely not happening before i'm 20.
9. go on a non-family road trip. - did my class trip to moab count?
10. go without any make up for a week. - i actually did this last week. it was great. but i don't think # 12 will be successful if i keep it up.
11. bake a loaf of bread from scratch. - reyna says she'll help me with this one.
12. ask a boy out. - attractive, available, awesome boys, where are you?
13. wear nothing but skirts and dresses for a month. - i'll probably do this one in florida.
14. look good in a leotard again. - bahahahahaha!
15. get paid for photography. - we'll see how this goes.
16. learn how to whistle. - i'm still challenged in this area.
17. take an art class. - this is happening over the summer.
18. finish memorizing the Living Christ. - i gotta go find my copy.
19. stay up for 100 hours straight. - i don't dare try this till school is out. i don't do so well when i don't sleep.
-I'll do some real blogging later.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
10 things that make ME happy.
- finding music that connects. or, adding another to my list of soul songs.
- showers. hot, steamy, carefree, long showers. time cannot touch me when i'm showering.
- webcomics. here here here and here.
- photography. especially when pictures turn out how i want them to. or when i get a surprise shot.
- feeling pretty solid in a language. i was buying fabric today, and overheard a conversation in spanish. i understood every word. it was great. having four different ways to say "no" run through your head is not so fun. especially when you forgot how to say it in spanish. (hint: it's the same as english) silly semitic languages.
- having epic dreams. last night i dreamt that andrew bird was staying with us. awesome! two nights ago, i was the captain of an army that was gathering in the hubble (hbll). we were preparing for this awesome real/pretend battle (with swords!) between us and the U. let me tell you, i slaughtered them. i got all crafty and motivational. and i only attacked guys for some reason. but i beat every one. if we were in battle, you'd definitely want me as your leader. i'm better than william wallace.
- president hinckley. listened to a talk from him last night. and he just makes me happy.
- movies about animals. or giant robots that are meant to kill humans, but learn to be good instead. i'm lookin' at you spirit: stallion of the cimarron and the iron giant.
- the smell of lake water/mud. i kept walking past the rb today, and i couldn't peg the earthy smell till a few hours ago. always good times playing in the dark, muddy sand.
- hummus. i have gone through an entire bowl that i bought at target in 2 days. so so so good.
Posted by TexasRanger at Tuesday, March 09, 2010
Monday, March 8, 2010
Sunday, March 7, 2010
is it bad that i can't wait to start lactating?
why? check this out. it makes me feel good about people.
also, this guy is cool. here's his project.
i'm going raw next time i go grocery shopping. found some nifty websites.
and a co-op!?!?
this should make it easier!
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
because my lungs won't let me sleep.
a blog all about an asian girl eating random food. Here!
most bloggers are mormon and think that everyone wants to know that their kid started eating bananas.
people need more pictures. without them, i'm not going to read your blog. the end.
Daria is coming to DVD!!! Whoop Whoop!
a blog that reinforces the idea that my children will NEVER play World of Warcraft.
some awesome monster sketch sculpture things.
Posted by TexasRanger at Tuesday, March 02, 2010
Monday, March 1, 2010
So, I decided to make Mondays in March a way to share happy (yes. i'm using it as a noun.) with other people and to remind myself that life is good.
- waking up rested.
- cream soda.
- friends that are family.
- a good story.
- a story so bad that it's hilarious.
- natural reciprocity.
- feeling the spirit.
- a new outfit.
- oatmeal creme pies.
- a compliment from someone i admire.
- being forced to count my blessings. :)
- phone calls from loved ones.
- jones soda.
- good music.
Posted by TexasRanger at Monday, March 01, 2010