quote of however-long-I-feel-like:

Suppose we have only dreamed, or made up, all those things - trees and grass and sun and moon and stars.

Suppose we have.

Then all I can say is that, in any case, the made - up things seem a good deal more important than the real ones.

-Puddleglum, The Silver Chair

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

R: Reyna


Dear Reyna,

Last week I was texting while walking home. It was quite a humorous conversation, and Calvin can be very entertaining. However, a stupid tree decided to block my path and run into me. The idiot. So after my face made the abrupt acquaintance of said tree, I hurried on my way. The next day I had a second run-in with the same tree, but departed by giving him a nice, firm kick.

So, last night I went upstairs in the complete dark looking for my computer charger. I remembered having left it by the kitchen table. Not wanting to wake up the kids, I left the lights off. I felt around with my foot in the dark. Having located my charger, I bent down to pick it up. Instead of reaching my goal, I encountered a loud BANG and a bright flash of white light. Immediately I put my hands to the source of screaming pain and feel a sort of dampness. I run to the light switch, flip it on, and find my hands covered in tears and blood. Wonderful. Turns out a wooden chair had jumped out from under the table and bit my eye. I couldn't see out of it for an hour. Thought I was blind. For reals. Stupid karma for kicking that tree.

Also, just now, I forgot that I had a nice gash on my eyelid, had an itch, and mindlessly brought back the sharp pain.

Basically, I'm an idiot.

2 shout outs:

Sean: said...

I know I shouldn't laugh at this... but I've been there.

I hope you heal quickly. =D

Unknown said...

Will you please go to the doctor? I saw the picture on Jenna's phone. You need stitches. You're going to have a droopy scarred eye and the only job you'll be able to get will be as a bad guy in John Wayne movies. This is not good.