quote of however-long-I-feel-like:

Suppose we have only dreamed, or made up, all those things - trees and grass and sun and moon and stars.

Suppose we have.

Then all I can say is that, in any case, the made - up things seem a good deal more important than the real ones.

-Puddleglum, The Silver Chair

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

title unknown

There is a community of the spirit.
Join it, and feel the delight
of walking in the noisy street, 
and being the noise.


Drink all your passion, 
and be a disgrace.


Close both eyes 
to see with the other eye.


Open your hands,
if you want to be held.


Sit down in this circle.


Quit acting like a wolf, and feel 
the shepherd's love filling you.


At night, your beloved wanders.
Don't accept consolations.


Close your mouth against food.
Taste the lover's mouth in yours.


You moan, "She left me." "He left me."
Twenty more will come. 


Be empty of worrying.
Think of who created thought!


Why do you stay in prison
when the door is so wide open?


Move outside the tangle of fear-thinking.
Live in silence.


Flow down and down in always
widening rings of being.

-Rumi

excerpts from songs that i'm diggin right now:


I have lost myself again

Lost myself and I am nowhere to be found,
Yeah I think that I might break
Lost myself again and I feel unsafe

Be my friend
Hold me, wrap me up
Unfold me
I am small
and needy







I fell in love again
all things go, all things go
drove to Chicago
all things know, all things know
we sold our clothes to the state
I don't mind, I don't mind
I made a lot of mistakes
in my mind, in my mind 



if I was crying
in the van, with my friend
it was for freedom
from myself and from the land
I made a lot of mistakes 




Its 16 miles, to the promise land

and I promise you, I'm doing the best I can

now don't fool yourself

in thinking you're more than a man

cause you'll probably end up dead



so i came inside to be with you
and we talked all night,
about everything we could imagine
cause come the morning i'll be gone
and as our eyes start to close,
i turn to you and i let you know,
that i love you



and me i ran,
i couldnt even look at him,
for fear i'd have to say goodbye
and as i start to leave he grabs me by the shoulder and he tells me,

whats left to lose,
you've done enough
and if you fail well then you fail,
but not to us
cause these last three years,
i know they've been hard
but now it's time to get out of the desert and into the sun
even if it's alone




Then you hang up the phone and feel badly for upsetting things

Crawl back into bed to dream of a time

When your heart was open wide and you love things just because
Like the sick and dying

I can't help but remember James Dean
See we are part of the few who agree
that hey, he lived life fast
but he died.
he died.
he died.

Me, I'm gonna live forever.

Now all the barlights are blinking in time
to Mexican music, it's taunting the pavement
and for the first time,
in a long time,
I feel alive.

0 shout outs: