quote of however-long-I-feel-like:

Suppose we have only dreamed, or made up, all those things - trees and grass and sun and moon and stars.

Suppose we have.

Then all I can say is that, in any case, the made - up things seem a good deal more important than the real ones.

-Puddleglum, The Silver Chair

Saturday, January 16, 2010

different.

So, I want to try writing. It's been a long time (maybe never) since a post contained my voice. So I'm going to let my mind wander. Maybe I'll throw in a picture later. Also, there is nothing that requires you to read this. I realize that my blog is mostly for me.

Wow. Knowing that I'm going to post this one, I tried to type a sentence and just got really scared. I guess I'll have to start with lighter matters.

Such as socks.



I love my socks today. They are mismatched but still coordinated. One has little whales on it, the other is argyle, but both are purple (which happens to be MY favorite color).

I really don't like it when socks are too tight or on for too long. They leave that awful red mark and indentions where the elastic was. And for some reason, they tend to itch. Although, it is kinda cool to run my fingers over the ridges. I'm all about texture people.

I think I've found my soul mate. Not really, but this chick is still incredibly awesome. I met her after ward prayer on Sunday. While being a recluse and reading my book on the couch, she sits down next to me and introduces herself. We got to talking, and it was good. Before we knew it, a different ward's prayer was starting. We both decided to stay for the experience. And boy am I glad we did. First of all, this ward is amazing. Anytime someone is introduced or stands up in the front, every single person cheers and screams for the individual. It might be sacrilegious, but I don't care. We've already had three spiritual hours on Sunday. And you know that there are some people who have never been cheered for in their life. And it was nice to pretend to be in such an enthusiastic ward. Also, this girl named Cecile/Rose just invited me to go llama attack people! How cool is she?

Anyway, just got back from our little escapade. Ees good. Well, weird actually. Why is it so much easier to talk to certain people than to others? Is it the subject matter? Is it some imaginary connection, like a life line, or a soul string? Whoa. What if it is? Or what if I'm just really tired and trippy? Anyway, again, why is it that with some people you just seem to click? Whereas with others, it's a burden trying to carry on a normal conversation? I apologize to those that feel it is/was a beast to get to know me.

Also, I really like my hair. I also happen to like that the gender confusion comments have decreased. I'm considering a jedi braid next (meaning I'm prolly gonna do it, but possibly just for a week). Thoughts?

Reyna, if you read this, I'm grateful for our sexfiles night. It was needed.

One of my resolutions was to either paint or draw one piece of art a month. That need is back. If only I had the materials or the time. Also, I really do love Calvin and Hobbes. So much wisdom from those two.

I love lists. Happy lists, to-do lists, accomplished lists, pros & cons lists, book lists, and especially grateful lists.

Also, yay for languages! And fun colored nails. And for being a girl. And pajama pants.

I discovered this week that I can't be patient at all for things that I really really want. Good thing there are other virtues aside from patience. Can't think of any right now, but it'll come to me.

Apparently I have a one track mind right now and can't think of anything interesting to say. I'm tired. Sorry.

I blame him:





Also, I might really like this boy (in the sixth grade sense of the word of course).             :)



For he is good.

3 shout outs:

Talana said...

I loved that post... and feel there should be many more like it!

Unknown said...

Fact: favorite post you've ever done, and favorite quote up above it. Wow, I'm funny!
And I know what you mean about the connection. I've always thought about it as kind of a gossamer-y golden thread that you can barely see, stretching between two people. That might have come from the Princess and the Goblin, now that I think about it...
I might maybe love you. Don't tell. And don't feel awkward. It is good, seester love. Enjoy. And I will see you next Thursday for some more of that goodness named Mulder & Scully.

oh, and I just made the perfect playlist that is consuming my life. I love ipods and ihomes.

Sean: said...

I also rather liked this post. I find it interesting that I was talking to Jacob about this very subject just the other day. We came to the consensus that people like that were friends in the pre-existence. Whether or not that's at all true, who knows. Oh yeah, and I totally forgot to ask the other day. Did the Llama attack hang out really involve Llamas??