quote of however-long-I-feel-like:

Suppose we have only dreamed, or made up, all those things - trees and grass and sun and moon and stars.

Suppose we have.

Then all I can say is that, in any case, the made - up things seem a good deal more important than the real ones.

-Puddleglum, The Silver Chair

Saturday, July 11, 2009

dallas.

On your own is actually really fun.



Have I ever told you that I love walking? No? Well I do. For me it is very empowering. Don't know why, but it is. Barefoot in bluegrass is the best. Unfortunately all we have in Florida is cra(b/p)grass. Anyway. My dad dropped me off in downtown Dallas a couple of times last week. The first, I just walked and walked and walked. Both the library and museum were closed, but that did not deter me. I love big cities. Being surrounded on all sides with elaborate skyscrapers is the best.



Dallas is a little slow for my taste, but definitely better than Wesley Chapel. The second day, I was deserted at the museum 3 hours too early. So I meandered around and found myself at the library. Very good? I think so. He may not have been attractive, but I wasn't going for looks. And I wasn't going for personality either, for J. Erik Johnson was too quiet and timid. That's right folks, I was looking for some action. And boy did Erik satisfy. 8 floors of pure heaven. The floor most willing to put out was lucky number 7. The scandalous seventh floor offered

not only
an original copy of the Declaration of Independence printed in 1776, but an original, "Shakespeare's First Folio" printed in 1623. I won't lie, I did end up paying $1.68 for his services. They had a store on the first level selling books that just weren't going to make it. I picked up Arthur of Britain by, E.K. Chambers, and Henry VI by, Shakespeare.

Just don't tell my parents, alright?

0 shout outs: