quote of however-long-I-feel-like:

Suppose we have only dreamed, or made up, all those things - trees and grass and sun and moon and stars.

Suppose we have.

Then all I can say is that, in any case, the made - up things seem a good deal more important than the real ones.

-Puddleglum, The Silver Chair

Thursday, July 9, 2009

new things.


I am stuck in Texas fyi.

It shouldn't be as bad as last time. So far it hasn't.

I've done replicas of cartoons. I just started with the ink and paint brush thing, but I'll get used to it soon.



I paint them, and then scan them in. One day I will gather my courage and actually print one out for my t shirt I'm supposed to be making. Instead I have been cutting up other shirts and hand stitching the scraps onto plain white undershirts. I'm actually excited to wear them.

I have also started golfing. I hurt. My hands, my head, my feet, my neck, my arms, but most of all, my back. I never dreamt golf could be so demanding. Nor so cute.



Oh. I also temporarily cut ties with facebook last night. Did you know you could deactivate your account and reactivate it anytime you want? Everything will be there as you left it waiting for your return.

Problem. I am too addicted. I am going through withdrawals. I have tried many times to go a month, a week, or even a day without getting on facebook. But then 5 hours into the attempt, I give. I have it on my phone for those rare times my computer isn't near me. Every 5 minutes I flip it open and push the shortcut key. It's close to an obsession.

It's a little easier right now. I know that my account is invisible to others right now, so I know that I'm not missing out on any new notifications.

I will come back. Hopefully I can make it a month. Don't worry dad. Just like other things and a few people in my life, I need to moderate the amount of time I interact with it.

0 shout outs: